To create an Augmented Reality Ad:
- Go to Ads Manager.
- Click + Create.
- Select an objective that supports Augmented Reality Ads (Brand Awareness, Reach, Traffic or Conversions) and click Continue.
- Select your audience, placements and budget and click Continue.
- Below Format, click Single Image or Video.
- Upload your feed video. Click Upload Video to upload a new video or Browse Library to select a video from your library.
- Select the checkbox next to Add an Instant Experience, then select Add AR Experience.
- Click Use Template to open the Add an AR Experience window.
- Click Effect and choose the effect you want to use from the dropdown menu. Note: Only effects approved by Spark AR appear in the dropdown menu. Learn more about the Spark AR content policy and getting your effect approved.
- Add the Website URL and Call to Action, then click Done.
- Click Text Overlay and choose the action from the dropdown menu you want people to take. You can choose Tap to try it on, Tap to interact or Tap to see it in your space.
- To preview your Augmented Reality Ad, click Preview on Mobile. We’ll save your augmented reality effect and send you a notification in the Facebook app to open a preview on your phone.
- In your Facebook app, tap the notification to open your preview.
- When you’re happy with your Augmented Reality Ad, click Done.
You can update your effect after it's published. The new version of the effect will become available in Ads Manager after we've reviewed it. If you're already using the effect in an ad, the ad will automatically update with the new version.
Get in touch if you'd like some examples of highly converting ad sets that use our AR experiences.