To create an augmented reality ad:
- Go to Ads Manager.
- Click + Create.
- Select an objective that supports AR Experience and click Continue.
- Add your campaign details, A/B test and campaign budget optimization information, if needed. Click Next.
- Choose your budget, audience, placements and optimization. Click Next.
- In the Identity section, select your Facebook Page and attach your Instagram account, if applicable.
- In the Ad Setup section, select Single Image or Video.
- Check the box for Add an Instant Experience.
- Click the Choose a Template dropdown and choose AR Experience.
- Below Effect, click the dropdown and choose your AR effect.
Note: Only effects approved by Spark AR appear in the dropdown menu. Learn more about the Spark AR Review Policies.
- (Optional) Below Camera Facing, click the dropdown to choose which camera your AR effect turns on.
- To turn on the camera that faces the user, choose Front camera.
- To turn on the camera that faces away from the user, choose Back camera.
- To turn on the default camera for the effect, choose Default. If the effect creator didn’t select a default camera during effect creation, the front camera turns on.
- (Optional) In the Destination section, click the dropdown and choose your Call to Action text, then enter a Website URL.
- To preview your AR effect, click Preview on Mobile. We’ll send you a notification in the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- When your AR effect is complete, click Done.
- In the Ad Creative section, click Add Video.
- Select the video you want for your ad and click Next.
- Apply adjustments to your ad creative if applicable, then click Done.
- Enter the Primary Text for your video, and if applicable, the Headline, Description and Display Link.
- Below Text Overlay, click the dropdown and choose the action you want people to take after viewing your video. You can choose Tap to try it on, Tap to interact or Tap to see it in your space.
- Complete the rest of your ad by adding information in the Languages and Tracking sections, if applicable.
- To preview your entire augmented reality ad, click the arrow in the box (share) button
- in the top-right corner and choose Send Notification to Facebook. We’ll send you a notification in the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- When you're done, click Publish to publish your ad.
When a person taps your ad on a mobile device, your AR Experience opens and they can interact with your effect.
You can update your effect after it's published. The new version becomes available in Ads Manager after we've reviewed it. If you're already using the effect in an ad, the ad automatically updates with the new version.
After your ad begins to run, you can analyze your results in Ads Manager or in Ads Reporting using metrics for augmented reality ads.