You can now create ads for your Instagram AR effects.
Create an ad for your Instagram AR effect
To create an ad for your Instagram AR effect:
- Go to Meta Ads Manager and select +Create on the top left corner.
- Select one of the following objectives for your ad:
- Brand Awareness
- Create your ad campaign as usual, filling in details for your campaign, budget and schedule, audience, and optimization and delivery.
- At the ad set level, when you get to the Placements options, select Manual Placements. You can now select all Instagram Placements except Instagram Shop.
- If you select Instagram Reels, you’ll need to upload video content at the ad level.
- If you already have the URL for your AR effect:
- In the Ads Creative section, find the Website URL field (Destination sub section) and add your Instagram effect URL. It should have this format: https://www.instagram.com/ar/effect_id.
- The Call to Action should have automatically changed to Try in Camera.
- If you don’t already have the URL for your AR effect:
- Go to the Spark AR Hub.
- Go to Effects.
- Select the effect you want to advertise.
- Click Share and copy the Instagram URL.
- Finish your ad by clicking Publish on the bottom right.
Your ads will now be submitted for review. Once reviewed, your ad will be live. Users who see your ad will be able to click the Try in Camera Call to Action button, which will open the effect directly in the Instagram camera.